Join the Gilded Balloon family…
We rely on our amazing staff to ensure a smooth, safe and fun environment for all our artists and audiences.
To apply to be part of Team GB during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2018 please read the descriptions below and use the application form to apply. Both Marketing Manager and Box Office Assistant Managers have separate hiring processes, see descriptions below. We can’t wait to hear from you! Lots of love, Team GB x
All applicants must be:
- aged 18 years or over
- have the right to work in the UK
- Be free to work from 31st July – 27th August 2018 (depending on roles, the days prior may also be required for training).
We will contact you if you are selected for interview. Due to the high volume of applications we will only be able to contact those selected to attend an interview. If you do not hear from us then you have not been successful.
Interviews will be conducted in person and via video chat throughout May and June.
Worked for Team GB in the past? When you apply, indicate when and in what position you worked with us!
PRESS AND MARKETING
The Marketing Officer will be responsible for implementing all aspects of Gilded Balloon’s marketing including all online, print and at the venue. They will work alongside the Digital Officer ensuring there is a clear and focused digital and print marketing strategy.
Click here for further details – Marketing Officer Job Description
We are currently searching for a number of suitable candidates to join our Technical Team. We are looking for technicians with skills in areas such as Lighting, Sound and Stage Management to build and operate our 14 temporary venues for the duration of the Fringe Festival.
It will be your duty to provide technical support for numerous shows and performers. Working as a technician at the fringe you will need to be approachable, enthusiastic, confident and have the stamina required to meet the demands of the fringe programme. Whether you are a seasoned professional or fresh from graduation we have a job for you.
To apply send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
The box office team are the first point of contact for the festival, so a high standard of customer service and bright personality are a must. Ideally you will have worked in a box office before, but this is not a must! You’ll be working across our three venues Rose Theatre, National Museum and Teviot.
ASSISTANT BOX OFFICE MANAGER
Contract term: Pre Fringe – Standard business week (10am – 6pm). During the Festival you will be expected to work such hours as are necessary to complete your work.
Gilded Balloon is seeking 2 motivated and knowledgeable Assistant Box Office Managers to join our Fringe 2017 ticketing team. The Assistant Box Office Manager is an important link between promoters, artists, staff and our patrons; providing advice and guidance, thinking pragmatically and laterally to solve problems on the spot, and delivering an exceptional level of customer service under stressful situations.
Click here for further details – Assistant Box Office Manager Job Description
- Chatting with the public, giving advice, directions and recommending shows
- Working on VIA ticketing system to process tickets
- Cash handling
- See as many shows as possible so you can recommend to customers
- Working on VIA ticketing system to process tickets
- Manage small teams of sellers including managing any escalated issues while using your own initiative
- Work with Box Office Managers on general tasks including managing sold out boards, offers in the system and artist requests
- Cash handling and end of day reconciliation
- See as many shows as possible so you can recommend to customers!
As a fast-paced, public facing role you’ll have to have the stamina and enthusiasm for working in a busy theatre environment as well as the capacity to multi-task and think on your feet. Being a people person is a must since you’ll encounter thousands of people on a daily basis and you need to be the pro-active face of the venue. You’ll need to be a strong communicator with the confidence to work independently where necessary but you must first and foremost be able to function as part of a team.
- Welcoming, directing, queuing and seating audiences
- Liaising with performers, basic stage management and ensuring that performances start and end on time
- First point of contact for general public and providing a high level of customer service
- Managing a small team of Front of House Staff in our venues including ensuring queues are managed and shows start on time
- Artist liaison to ensure that crowds are seated promptly and shows start and finish on time
- Dealing with issues that arise from the general public
As ambassadors of the Gilded Balloon, you’ll be based in various outdoor locations, engaging the public with our programme. You must be an active and enthusiastic communicator with a genuine passion for theatre, comedy and the arts as you’ll be expected to see the shows you’re promoting. If you love meeting new people and have the kind of personality which doesn’t shy away from approaching members of the public come rain or shine then this is the role for you!
- Distributing flyers and PR materials on behalf of the shows affiliated with our venue.
- Work at our information booth at Teviot to recommend shows and direct members of the public
If you’re a wizz behind the bar and love the arts and comedy then this is the job for you! You should have experience in working in a busy bar environment with a flair for customer service. You must be an active and enthusiastic communicator as you’ll be expected to promote shows as well as offer advice and guidance on the bar menus. A big plus if you’ve also got your personal license and/or barista experience!
- The bar team are on hand to service customer’s needs before and after shows. Including pints, basic spirits, coffee and simple food
- Barista duties required at some of our venues
- Keeping Gilded Balloon seating areas tidy and clear of rubbish