Gilded Balloon is committed to social responsibility and sustainability. We are dedicated to sustainable practices and are constantly working to reduce the environmental impact of our year-round and Edinburgh Festival Fringe activities.
EDINBURGH FESTIVAL FRINGE
Visiting, performing or working at the Fringe? Although our favourite colour is pink, we go green whenever we can. Check out our tips for a greener festival:
Avoid plastic bottles – refill your reusable water bottle at any of our bars!
Why not walk, cycle or take the train or bus to Edinburgh and our venues. Use the following tools to help you navigate the best environmentally friendly travel options:
- Walking? Try walkit
- Cycling? Use cyclestreets
- Bus? For bus times and locations use Lothian Buses
- Train? Check National Rail for train times and fares
- Car? Why not carshare with a fellow Fringe goer?
SO MANY FLYERS!
- #Takeaphoto of a flyer – why not take a picture of a flyer or poster instead. For more info on Staging Change’s #Takeaphoto campaign at this year’s Edinburgh Festival Fringe visit www.stagingchange.com
- Recycle – our artists spend hours making their flyers – if you must throw them away make sure you put them in one of our clearly marked recycling bins.
We are delighted to support the following charities who collect in our venues during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe: